Registrations are open
There are 2 steps to registering:
- Sign up to or log into MyASX
- Once logged into MyASX, select the Game and complete the entry form.
Need extra help - read 'How to register.'
The purpose of the Game is to give you the opportunity to learn more about the sharemarket and how it works. In the Game, you can buy and sell shares in 200 nominated companies listed on the ASX. The Game simulates real sharemarket conditions, using live prices. Brokerage is charged on each trade.
So if you are thinking about trading but not quite ready to step in yet, the Sharemarket Game is a great way to:
- Develop your knowledge of the sharemarket
- Experience what it is like to buy and sell shares
- Test your investment strategies
- And maybe win some great prizes
You can also play alongside friends. The Game has a leagues feature that allows you to invite others to play in your league - this means you can share your journey, learn together and compete against each other.
You can play the Game and have fun, whether you are a seasoned investor or an absolute beginner. Entry is free and there are some great prizes.
How the Game works
- The Game runs for 15 weeks
- You can buy and sell shares in any of the 200 nominated ASX Listed companies
- You can place orders to buy or sell shares any time, however they will only be processed during market hours.
- Orders will be processed as they match with what is in the live market - available prices and quantities of shares from the real sharemarket will be taken from TradeMatch only
- You can monitor your shares via your Game portfolio
- You can create a stop loss to protect your shares
- You can play against, workmates, family or friends in a league
Any questions or feedback - you can ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Game 2 2016
Game play: 4 Aug - 16 Nov