Bring the world into your classroom with the ASX Sharemarket Game
Registrations are now open for Game 1 2015
. If you are a teacher simply log into MyASX
here, select the ASX Schools Sharemarket Game and complete the
Game registration form. For additional help please read 'How to register'.
While you teach your students about the Sharemarket, they can put into practice what they are learning. Students receive a virtual $50,000 that they can invest over a 10 week period, in 200 companies listed on the ASX. The prices students buy and sell at are the same prices as they would get in the live market so this is as close to real life share trading as you can get.
As a result of playing the Game your students will:
- Develop their knowledge of the sharemarket
- Learn how to research companies
- Discover the importance of wise investment decisions
- Gain a greater knowledge of economic and world events
- Begin to learn more about investing which is beneficial for their future
- The Game can be part of a school subject or an extra-curricular activity offered to students
- It is free to play and as a bonus students can win great cash prizes
The Game has been redesigned and has a range of new features.
Cannot view via YouTube - View here.
What's new for students?
Now mobile and tablet friendly
More choice with 200 stocks
- Watchlists and charting within the Game
- New improved portfolio page
A wider range of rankings
What's new for teachers?
- You can now bulk upload a student list
Simple way of creating syndicates
- You can see when a student last logged in or if they are active
- You can send a message to your students
- You can easily play alongside your students
- And more...
How the Game works
- If you are a teacher, you need to register for the Game and then sign your students up to play the Game.
- If you are a student, you need to ask a teacher to sign you up.
- Students compete either individually or in a group of 2 to 4 students
- Students do research and decide which companies they will invest in
- They buy and sell shares 'online' in any of the nominated ASX listed companies
- Orders to buy or sell shares can be placed at any time. Orders will be executed when ASX TradeMatch® is open (10 am to 4.10 pm)
- Orders will be processed as they match with what is in the live market via TradeMatch
- Students can monitor their shares via their Game portfolio
Game 1, 2015
Registration: 12 Feb - 11 Mar
Game play: 12 Mar - 20 May
Game 2, 2015
Registration: 23 Jul - 19 Aug
Game play: 20 Aug - 28 Oct
There are state and national prizes for both students and their schools.
1st - $2,500
2nd - $2,000
3rd - $1,500
1st - $1,000
1st - $1,000
2nd - $750
3rd - $600
1st - $500