Registrations are open
For teacher registration there are 2 steps:
- Register or log into MyASX,
- Select the Schools ASX Sharemarket Game and then complete the registration form. Once you have done this you can then add students and create syndicates.
See How to register for additional help.
If you are a student - you need to ask a teacher to register you. Teachers register for the Game and then add their students as syndicates.
Bring the world into your classroom with the ASX Sharemarket Game
While you teach your students about investing and the Sharemarket, they can put into practice what they are learning by playing the Schools Sharemarket Game. Students receive a virtual $50,000 that they can invest over a 10 week period, in 200 companies listed on the ASX. The prices students buy and sell at are the same prices as they would get in the live market so this is as close to real life share trading as you can get.
As a result of playing the Game your students will:
- Develop their knowledge of the sharemarket
- Learn how to research companies
- Discover the importance of wise investment decisions
- Gain a greater knowledge of economic and world events
- Begin to learn more about investing which is beneficial for their future
The Game can be part of a school subject or an extra-curricular activity offered to students. It is free to play and as a bonus students can win great cash prizes
- Choose from 200 stocks
- Create their own watchlist
- View company charts and the latest prices
- Get the top 5 and bottom 5 stocks for the day
- Play as a team or individually
- Bulk upload a student list
- See when a student last logged in or if they are active
- Send messages to students
- Easily play alongside students
- Access ready made lesson plans to use with the Game
How the Game works
- As teacher, you need to register for the Game and then inside your account you sign your students up to play.
- If you are a student, you need to ask a teacher to sign you up.
- Students compete either individually or in a group of 2 to 4 students
- Students do research and decide which companies they will invest in
- They buy and sell shares in any of the nominated ASX listed companies
- Orders to buy or sell shares can be placed at any time. Orders will be executed when ASX TradeMatch is open (10 am to 4.12 pm)
- Orders will be processed as they match with what is in the live market via TradeMatch
- Students can monitor their shares via their Game portfolio
There are teacher lesson plans and resources available once you register for the Game. If you would like to access the resources prior to registrations opening, please request via firstname.lastname@example.org
Game 1 2016
Game play: 10 March - 18 May
Game 2 2016
Registration: Opens 21 July
Game play: 18 Aug - 26 Oct
Syndicate major prize
1st - $600
2nd - $500
3rd - $400
Syndicate state prize
1st - $400